Dark Shadows Festival 2007
pansyfaye
2007-04-07 03:48:24 UTC
The 2007 Dark Shadows Festival Weekend will be held Friday, August 17 and
Saturday, August 18. We are returning to the Westchester Marriott Hotel in
Tarrytown, NY (site of the 2004 DS Festival).

A special guest will appear exclusively on Saturday. Also on Saturday is a
day visit to nearby Lyndhurst Estate, filming location for the 2 movies
"House of Dark Shadows" (1970) and "Night of Dark Shadows" (1971). A DS
Banquet, special guest appearance, and video presentation that evening will
close the event.

pansy
FredHerring
2007-04-21 19:45:12 UTC
The above post leads me to wonder: during the Saturday trip to Lyndhurst,
will other DS events still be taking place at the Marriott? I'm
thoroughly burned out on Lyndhurst, having been there more times in the
last 40 years than I can begin to count.

I'd like to think there will still be presentations or film showings or
Q&A's or something to attend at the Marriott while some Fest-goers are on
the Lyndhurst side trip.
D***@webtv.net
2007-04-22 14:38:45 UTC
Although I won't be able to attend, I was excited to read in the latest
e-mail Shadowgram that Jonathan Frid will be there, his first appearance
at a Fest in over a decade - wow!

--

DivaMagenta @}{~~>~~~>~~~>~~~~~

"To openly disrespect our great nation while claiming to be patriotic is
like an abusive husband who tells his wife "I love you" as he beats
her."

My Dark Shadows Page:
http://community.webtv.net/DivaMagenta/DivasDarkShadowsPage

My Sha Na Na Page:
http://www.geocities.com/sistermagenta/shanana.html
pansyfaye
2007-04-23 03:12:21 UTC
The following is the correct information on the Dark Shadows Festival 2007:

*** JONATHAN FRID GUESTS AT THE 2007 DS FESTIVAL CONVENTION

THE DARK SHADOWS FESTIVAL presents a special convention on August 17-18,
2007, at the Westchester Marriott Hotel in Tarrytown, NY, celebrating
Jonathan Frid's 40th Anniversary of his first appearance as Barnabas
Collins.

Jonathan Frid will appear in person at the event, presenting a dramatic
program on stage as well as hosting a selection of his favorite moments from
DS and a question-and-answer session with the audience.

Jonathan also will attend a Saturday night, August 18, banquet at the hotel,
at which he will personalize a unique, commemorative autographed photograph
of Barnabas for each banquet attendee.

The celebration marks Jonathan Frid's first appearance at a Dark Shadows
event in over a decade!

The Festival also will host a Friday, August 17, day trip to the nearby
Lyndhurst Estate, site of Collinwood from the 1970 and 1971 MGM motion
pictures "House Of Dark Shadows" and "Night Of Dark Shadows."

Friday evening at the hotel will welcome several other DS stars in person.

pansy
the Lyndhurst side trip.
Len
the Lyndhurst side trip.